Sometime in December 2015 (that was so long a go I know) I saw this post by Wordpress letting everyone know that they were now taking registration details for a Blogging course. The course is called Blogging 101 which is a course to supercharge your blog. Something I need right now.
Now I’ve signed up for this before. I think it might have been two years ago but I sat on the sidelines and watched and while I was watching I was kicking myself that I didn’t participate in the course. Even this year the timing of the start of Blogging 101 course didn’t suit me at all. I was still going to be away with family so right from the start I was playing catch up and I was still kicking myself from not doing this earlier.
While I was away I had a moment of clarity, you know those moments where everything seems so clear, you ask yourself why you hadn’t done that in the first place. After having a good old one way conversation with myself I come up with these three questions that I think I should answer which strangely enough is pretty much the first assignment of the Blogging 101 course.
- Why, Why do I (or anyone else) blog for that matter?
I’m not so sure that is an easy question to answer and I’ve have asked myself that question on numerous occasions before only to end up in a a familiar place of “I Don’t really know”. The reality of why I blog is that I feel as though I have some thing to say either through the use of words or by by showing the photographs that I have taken.
- What topics should I include?
Everyone has an addiction: sugar, smoking, driving fast cars or driving cars fast but one of my two addictions that keeps me awake at night is photography (and 4wding/family adventures though the bush) so the intent is to write and blog about the following:
- My journey through The Arcanum and how my photography is changing/improving by undertaking these challenges. Currently Level 17, Sphere 1.
- Projects that I have completed or currently undertaking so other people who are planning on something similar may learn from my mistakes (and I make plenty) and everyone else gets to see the results of what I achieved or didn’t achieve.
- Thief Images photo shoots. This is something that is not that easy to do at the moment as the site is down and being overhauled (one of those moments of clarity).
- And I will be sharing photos that I have taken along the road of life.
These are fairly specific topics and there will be plenty of other ideas along the way.
- What would I like to achieve through my blog
Always a tough question and its not easy to answer for sure but developing some reasonable goals for blogging that can be achieved every week/month should be completed and these are my four.
- Post around two to three times every week. Its not to much that you are spamming peoples inboxes and they loose interest but enough to for me to say what I’m trying to say.
- Be able to look back on the year and see that the Thief Images Photography Blog has improved.
- Connect with other like mined bloggers/photographers.
- Ensure that the Thief Images Photography blog has its own web address.
Well that’s assignment one completed and surprisingly managed to develop some goals, achievable goals along the way.
Happy New Year and let it be a great 2016.